I get some wicked headaches and migraines, and I have different treatments for each. For my migraines, I use my Imitrex injections (which I have confirmed with Dr. Tinkle and Dr. Francomano that the Imitrex is safe for EDSers), for really bad headaches I use my harder Rx drugs, but for mild to moderate headaches I try a much more natural approach. I absolutely love this combination. I leave it on until the ice packs are no longer cold. Kicks it most every time. Sometimes, I even try this first for other types of headaches, but then I move on to other treatments if this isn’t enough.
- Rub white flower oil on your forehead, temples and behind your ears
- Put cold face mask on your head
- Put one ice pack behind head, at the base of neck/head, and one on top of head if you need an extra bit of relief. I find the one at the base of the skull to be the more essential of the two.
- Optional: I take 2 Ibuprofens (Advil) if it’s bordering on moderate/severe
- Reusable cold compress size small (I like this size for the top of my head above my forehead, and the back of my head at the base of skull where it meets neck, so I own several of them.)
- White flower oil
- Cold face mask, cheaper version with eye holes
- Cold face mask, better but no eye holes